- Computational fluid mechanics (coastal and open-channel flows; sediment transport)
- Sediment entrainment, transport and mechanics
- Turbulence in open-channel and coastal flows
2017 - Today Post-doctoral research fellow, University of Melbourne, Australia
2013 - 2016 Research associate (Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN FP7-PEOPLE-2012
fellowship), University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2013 - 2017 PhD, Engineering, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom,
Thesis: Theoretical frameworks for the upscaling of physical interactions in
aquatic mobile-boundary flows
2012 - 2013 Research associate, Laboratory of Harbour Works, National Technical University
of Athens, Greece
2011 - 2013 M.Sc., Water Resources, Science & Technology, National Technical University
of Athens, Greece, Thesis: Water-wave simulation over uneven bottom
2004 - 2009 Diplom, Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece
Thesis: Comperative assessment of coastal erosion in the regions: north
Amvrakikos Gulf, Acheloos delta, Nestos delta, Kos, Limnos, and Kitros Pierias
- Papadopoulos K, Nikora V, Cameron S, Stewart M, Biggs H, Gibbins C. Time-averaged hydrodynamic equations for mobile-bed conditions. GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences. 2016, Vol. none.
- Papadopoulos K, Nikora V, Cameron S, Stewart MT, Biggs HJ, Gibbins C. Second-order hydrodynamic equations for flows over mobile boundaries and their applications for solving environmental problems. 36th IAHR World Congress. International Association of Hydraulic Research. 2015.
- Papadopoulos K, Metallinos AS, Memos CD. Validation of a Boussinesq-type wave model applicable to any depth. 3rd IAHR Europe Congress. International Association of Hydraulic Research. 2014.
- Foteinis S, Papadopoulos K, Koutsogiannaki I, Synolakis C. Coastal erosion and accretion rates in Greece. Conference Abstracts. 2010.