Ms Elyse Passmore
Elyse Passmore is a Research Fellow with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. She received a PhD in Engineering from The University of Melbourne investigating the effect of torsional deformities of the femur and tibia on gait and function. Her work combined medical imaging and 3D gait analysis to construct patient-specific musculoskeletal models. Currently, Elyse is investigating the biomechanics of racehorses as part of the Equine Limb Injury Prevention Program.
Elyse is also a Biomedical Engineering at The Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne and involved with the Murdoch Children's Research Institute, Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Cerebral Palsy. Her research looks at the application of biomechanics in the clinical setting. Currently her work is focused on the inclusion of medical imaging with 3D gait analysis to inform surgical decision making and understanding the development and impact of lower-limb deformities.
- Passmore E, Sangeux M. Defining the medial-lateral axis of an anatomical femur coordinate system using freehand 3D ultrasound imaging. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 45.
- Passmore E, Pandy M, Graham H, Sangeux M. MEASURING FEMORAL TORSION IN VIVO USING FREEHAND 3-D ULTRASOUND IMAGING. ULTRASOUND IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 42, Issue 2.
- Sangeux M, Passmore E, Graham H, Tirosh O. The gait standard deviation, a single measure of kinematic variability. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 46.
- Passmore E, Sangeux M. Improving repeatability of setting volume origin and coordinate system for 3D gait analysis. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 39, Issue 2.
- Sangeux M, Passmore E, Gomez, Balakumar J, Graham H. Slipped capital femoral epiphysis, fixation by single screw in situ: A kinematic and radiographic study. Clinical Biomechanics. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 29, Issue 5.
- Firth B, Passmore E, Sangeux, Thomason, Rodda, Donath S, Selber, Graham H. Multilevel surgery for equinus gait in children with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy: medium-term follow-up with gait analysis. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery: American Volume. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2013, Vol. 95, Issue 10.
- Tirosh O, Begg R, Passmore E, Knopp-Steinberg N. Wearable Textile Sensor Sock For Gait Analysis. 2013 SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SENSING TECHNOLOGY (ICST). IEEE. 2013.
- Rutz E, Passmore E, Baker R, Graham H. Multilevel Surgery Improves Gait in Spastic Hemiplegia But Does Not Resolve Hip Dysplasia. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2012, Vol. 470, Issue 5.