Associate Professor Kay Crossley
- Understanding the factors related to the development of knee pain and the mechanisms underpinning treatments effects (Knee pain, mechanisms & interventions)
- Schache A, Woodley SJ, Schilders E, Orchard J, Crossley K. Anatomical and morphological characteristics may explain why groin pain is more common in male than female athletes. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 51, Issue 7.
- Crossley K, Stefanik JJ, Selfe J, Collins N, Davis IS, Powers CM, McConnell J, Vicenzino B, Bazett-Jones DM, Esculier J-F, Morrissey D, Callaghan MJ. 2016 Patellofemoral pain consensus statement from the 4th International Patellofemoral Pain Research Retreat, Manchester. Part 1: Terminology, definitions, clinical examination, natural history, patellofemoral osteoarthritis and patient-reported outcome measures. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 50, Issue 14.
- Crossley K, Middelkoop MV, Callaghan MJ, Collins N, Rathleff MS, Barton CJ. 2016 Patellofemoral pain consensus statement from the 4th International Patellofemoral Pain Research Retreat, Manchester. Part 2: Recommended physical interventions (exercise, taping, bracing, foot orthoses and combined interventions). British Journal of Sports Medicine. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 50, Issue 14.
- Culvenor AG, Collins N, Guermazi A, Cook JL, Vicenzino B, Whitehead TS, Morris HG, Crossley K. Early Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis Features One Year After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Symptoms and Quality of Life at Three Years. ARTHRITIS CARE & RESEARCH. John Wiley & Sons. 2016, Vol. 68, Issue 6.
- Hart H, Crossley K, Ackland D, Cowan S, Collins N. Effects of an unloader knee brace on knee-related symptoms and function in people with post-traumatic knee osteoarthritis after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. KNEE. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 23, Issue 1.
- Lankhorst NE, Van Middelkoop M, Crossley K, Bierma-Zeinstra SMA, Oei EHG, Vicenzino B, Collins N. Factors that predict a poor outcome 5-8 years after the diagnosis of patellofemoral pain: a multicentre observational analysis. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 50, Issue 14.
- Hart H, Collins N, Ackland D, Cowan S, Hunt MA, Crossley K. Immediate Effects of a Brace on Gait Biomechanics for Predominant Lateral Knee Osteoarthritis and Valgus Malalignment After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. American Orthopaedic Society of Sport Medicine. 2016, Vol. 44, Issue 4.
- Kemp JL, Makdissi M, Schache A, Finch CF, Pritchard MG, Crossley K. Is quality of life following hip arthroscopy in patients with chondrolabral pathology associated with impairments in hip strength or range of motion?. KNEE SURGERY SPORTS TRAUMATOLOGY ARTHROSCOPY. Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 24, Issue 12.
- Wyndow N, Collins N, Vicenzino B, Tucker K, Crossley K. Is There a Biomechanical Link Between Patellofemoral Pain and Osteoarthritis? A Narrative Review. SPORTS MEDICINE. Adis International. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 12.
- Hart H, Culvenor AG, Collins N, Ackland D, Cowan S, MacHotka Z, Crossley K. Knee kinematics and joint moments during gait following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 50, Issue 10.
- Kemp JL, Risberg MA, Schache A, Makdissi M, Pritchard MG, Crossley K. Patients With Chondrolabral Pathology Have Bilateral Functional Impairments 12 to 24 Months After Unilateral Hip Arthroscopy: A Cross-sectional Study. JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDIC & SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY. Sports Physical Therapy Section. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 11.
- Culvenor AG, Collins N, Vicenzino B, Cook JL, Whitehead TS, Morris H, Crossley K. Predictors and effects of patellofemoral pain following hamstring-tendon ACL reconstruction. JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND MEDICINE IN SPORT. Sports Medicine Australia. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 7.
- Charlton P, Bryant A, Kemp JL, Clark RA, Crossley K, Collins N. Single-Leg Squat Performance is Impaired 1 to 2 Years After Hip Arthroscopy. PM&R. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 4.
- Kemp JL, Moore K, Fransen MH, Russell TG, Crossley K. A phase II trial for the efficacy of physiotherapy intervention for early-onset hip osteoarthritis: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. Biomed Central. 2015, Vol. 16.
- Hatton AL, Crossley K, Hug F, Bouma J, Ha B, Spaulding KL, Tucker K. Acute experimental hip muscle pain alters single-leg squat balance in healthy young adults. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 41, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile