Associate Professor Kay Crossley
- Understanding the factors related to the development of knee pain and the mechanisms underpinning treatments effects (Knee pain, mechanisms & interventions)
- Guenther JR, Cochrane CK, Crossley K, Gilbart MK, Hunt MA. A pre-operative exercise intervention can be safely delivered to people with femoroacetabular impingement and improve clinical and biomechanical outcomes. Physiotherapy Canada. BC Decker Inc. 2017, Vol. 69, Issue 3.
- Wyndow N, Crossley K, Vicenzino B, Tucker K, Collins N. A single-blinded, randomized, parallel group superiority trial investigating the effects of footwear and custom foot orthoses versus footwear alone in individuals with patellofemoral joint osteoarthritis: a phase II pilot trial protocol. JOURNAL OF FOOT AND ANKLE RESEARCH. Biomed Central. 2017, Vol. 10.
- Culvenor AG, Patterson BE, Guermazi A, Morris H, Whitehead TS, Crossley K. Accelerated Return to Sport After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction and Early Knee Osteoarthritis Features at 1 Year: An Exploratory Study. PM and R. Elsevier. 2017.
- Rathleff MS, Rathleff CR, Stephenson A, Mellor R, Matthews M, Crossley K, Vicenzino B. Adults with patellofemoral pain do not exhibit manifestations of peripheral and central sensitization when compared to healthy pain-free age and sex matched controls – An assessor blinded cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 12.
- Schache A, Woodley SJ, Schilders E, Orchard J, Crossley K. Anatomical and morphological characteristics may explain why groin pain is more common in male than female athletes. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 51, Issue 7.
- Culvenor AG, Oiestad BE, Holm I, Gunderson RB, Crossley K, Risberg MA. Anterior knee pain following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction does not increase the risk of patellofemoral osteoarthritis at 15-and 20-year follow-ups. OSTEOARTHRITIS AND CARTILAGE. WB Saunders Co. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 1.
- Hatton AL, Crossley K, Clark RA, Whitehead TS, Morris H, Culvenor AG. Between-leg differences in challenging single-limb balance performance one year following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 52.
- Ukachukwu V, Duncan R, Belcher J, Marshall M, Stefanik J, Crossley K, Thomas MJ, Peat G. Clinical Significance of Medial Versus Lateral Compartment Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis: Cross-Sectional Analyses in an Adult Population With Knee Pain. ARTHRITIS CARE & RESEARCH. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 69, Issue 7.
- Hart HF, Crossley K, Hunt MA. DO GAIT PATTERNS DIFFER BASED ON RADIOGRAPHIC PATELLOFEMORAL OSTEOARTHRITIS DISEASE SEVERITY IN INDIVIDUALS WITH MILD TIBIOFEMORAL OSTEOARTHRITIS?. OSTEOARTHRITIS AND CARTILAGE. WB Saunders Co. 2017, Vol. 25.
- Mosler AB, Weir A, Eirale C, Farooq A, Thorborg K, Whiteley RJ, HÖlmich P, Crossley K. Epidemiology of time loss groin injuries in a men's professional football league: A 2-year prospective study of 17 clubs and 606 players. British Journal of Sports Medicine. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2017.
- Powers CM, Witvrouw E, Davis IS, Crossley K. Evidence-based framework for a pathomechanical model of patellofemoral pain: 2017 patellofemoral pain consensus statement from the 4th International Patellofemoral Pain Research Retreat, Manchester, UK: Part 3. British Journal of Sports Medicine. British Medical Journal Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 51, Issue 24.
- Hart HF, Crossley K, Hunt MA. Gait patterns, symptoms, and function in patients with isolated tibiofemoral osteoarthritis and combined tibiofemoral and patellofemoral osteoarthritis. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. Elsevier Science. 2017.
- Creaby MW, Honeywill C, Smith MMF, Schache A, Crossley K. Hip Biomechanics Are Altered in Male Runners with Achilles Tendinopathy. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 3.
- Mosler AB, Crossley K, Thorborg K, Whiteley RJ, Weir A, Serner A, Holmich P. Hip strength and range of motion: Normal values from a professional football league. JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND MEDICINE IN SPORT. Sports Medicine Australia. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 4.
- Lawrenson P, Grimaldi A, Crossley K, Hodges P, Vicenzino B, Semciw AI. Iliocapsularis: Technical application of fine-wire electromyography, and direction specific action during maximum voluntary isometric contractions. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 54.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile