Dr Rohan Shekhar
- Extremum Seeking Control
- Model Predictive Control (Robust MPC, Fault-tolerant MPC)
Rohan C. Shekhar received the B.E. degree (with honours) in Mechatronic Engineering from The University of Queensland in 2006. In 2008, he was awarded the Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Engineering and an Honorary Poynton Cambridge Australia Fellowship for undertaking doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge, receiving the Ph.D. degree in 2012. Since then, he has been working as a postdoctoral research fellow in Prof. Chris Manzie's dynamics and control team. From 2012-2015, his main research activity centred on automated alternative-fuel engine tuning using extremum-seeking control. During this time, he also pursued research in robust model predictive control, extending and furthering work from his doctoral thesis. Since mid-2015, he has been working on an industrial research project related to online calibration of model predictive controllers for diesel engines.
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Hield P, Shekhar R, Brear M. Economic Model Predictive Control and Applications for Diesel Generators. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 2.
- Ramos M, Manzie C, Shekhar R. Online optimisation of fuel consumption subject to NOxconstraints. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1.
- Shames I, Summers TH, Farokhi F, Shekhar R. Conditions and strategies for uniqueness of the solutions to cooperative localization and mapping problems using rigidity theory. 2015 54TH IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2016-February.
- Shekhar R, Manzie C. Optimal move blocking strategies for model predictive control. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 61.
- Shekhar R, Kearney M, Shames I. Robust Model Predictive Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using Waysets. JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS. 2015, Vol. 38, Issue 10.
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Shekhar R, Hield P. Robust periodic economic MPC for linear systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 60.
- Gowri Sankar G, Moase W, Shekhar R, Broomhead T, Manzie C. Towards Systematic Design of MPC to Achieve Time Domain Specifications. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Shekhar R, Kearney MP, Shames I, Manzie C. Trajectory Planning and Execution using Robust Funnels. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Shekhar R, Moase W, Manzie C. Discrete-time extremum-seeking for Wiener-Hammerstein plants. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 50, Issue 12.
- Manzie C, Moase W, Shekhar R, Mohammadi A, Nesic D, Tan Y. Extremum Seeking Methods for Online Automotive Calibration. Optimization and Optimal Control in Automotive Systems. Springer International Publishing. 2014. Editors: Waschl H, Kolmanovsky I, Steinbuch M, Del Re L.
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Shekhar R, Brear M, Hield P. Robust Stable Economic MPC with Applications in Engine Control. 2014 IEEE 53RD ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). IEEE. 2014.
- Shekhar R, MacIejowski JM. Corrigendum to ‘‘Robust variable horizon MPC with move blocking’’ Systems Control Lett. 61 (4) (2012) 587–594. Systems & Control Letters. Elsevier BV. 2013, Vol. 62, Issue 5.
- Sharafi J, Moase W, Shekhar R, Manzie C. Fast Model-Based Extremum Seeking on Hammerstein Plants. 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). IEEE Explore. 2013.
- Shekhar R, Moase W, Manzie C. Semi-Global Stability Analysis of a Discrete-Time Extremum-Seeking Scheme using LDI Methods. 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). IEEE Explore. 2013.
- Shekhar R, MacIejowski JM. Optimal Constraint Tightening Policies for Robust Variable Horizon Model Predictive Control. 51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. IEEE Press. 2012.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile