Professor Ivan Marusic
- Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Cabrit O, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Modeling bed shear-stress fluctuations in a shallow tidal channel. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2014, Vol. 119, Issue 5, pp. 3185 - 3199.
- Philip J, Meneveau C, De Silva C, Marusic I. Multiscale analysis of fluxes at the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in high Reynolds number boundary layers. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 1.
- Talluru M, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Amplitude modulation of all three velocity components in turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 746.
- Marusic I, Talluru M, Hutchins N. Controlling the Large-Scale Motions in a Turbulent Boundary Layer. Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control. Springer Verlag. 2014. Editors: Zhou Y, Liu Y, Huang L, Hodges DH.
- De Silva CM, Gnanamanickam EP, Atkinson C, Buchmann NA, Hutchins N, Soria J, Marusic I. High spatial range velocity measurements in a high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layer. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 2.
- Chauhan K, Philip J, Marusic I. Scaling of the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 751, pp. 298 - 328.
- Chauhan K, Philip J, De Silva CM, Hutchins N, Marusic I. The turbulent/non-turbulent interface and entrainment in a boundary layer. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 742, pp. 119 - 151.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Coupling a Boundary Layer Wall Shear-Stress Model with Field Experiments in a Shallow Tidal River. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena. 2013.
- Meneveau C, Marusic I. Generalized logarithmic law for high-order moments in turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2013, Vol. 719, pp. 1 - 11.
- De Silva C, Philip J, Chauhan KA, Meneveau C, Marusic I. Multiscale Geometry and Scaling of the Turbulent-Nonturbulent Interface in High Reynolds Number Boundary Layers. Physical Review Letters. American Physical Society. 2013, Vol. 111, Issue 4.
- De Silva CM, Atkinson C, Buchmann NA, Gnanamanickam EP, Hutchins N, Soria J, Marusic I. Nested multi-resolution PIV measurements of wall bounded turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry. Delft University of Technology. 2013.
- Bailey SCC, Hultmark M, Monty JP, Alfredsson PH, Chong MS, Duncan RD, Fransson JHM, Hutchins N, Marusic I, McKeon BJ, Nagib HM, Orlu R, Segalini A, Smits AJ, Vinuesa R. Obtaining accurate mean velocity measurements in high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layers using Pitot tubes. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2013, Vol. 715, pp. 642 - 670.
- Harun Z, Monty JP, Mathis RS, Marusic I. Pressure gradient effects on the large-scale structure of turbulent boundary layer. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2013, Vol. 715, pp. 477 - 498.
- Chernyshenko S, Marusic I, Mathis R. Quasi-steady modulation of near-wall turbulence. Proceedings of the European Turbulence Conference. EUROMECH. 2013.
- Philip J, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Monty JP, Marusic I. Spatial averaging of streamwise and spanwise velocity measurements in wall-bounded turbulence using ν- and x-probes . Measurement Science & Technology. IOP Publishing. 2013, Vol. 24, Issue 11.
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446872
F: +61 3 83444290
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile