Professor Ivan Marusic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Hultmark M, Marusic I, McKeon BJ, Morrison JF. Introduction to Topical Issue on Extreme Flows. Experim. Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 57, Issue 1.
- De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Uniform momentum zones in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL. Cambridge University Press. 2016, Vol. 786.
- Poon K, Hayat U, Thondapu V, Ooi A, Asrar Ul Haq M, Moore S, Foin N, Tu S, Chin C, Monty J, Marusic I, Barlis P. Advances in three-dimensional coronary imaging and computational fluid dynamics: is virtual fractional flow reserve more than just a pretty picture?. Coron A. 2015, Vol. 26 Suppl 1.
- Madad R, Elsnab J, Chin C, Klewicki J, Marusic I. An investigation of channel flow with a smooth air–water interface. Experim. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 6.
- Marusic I, Chauhan KA, Kulandaivelu V, Hutchins N. Evolution of zero-pressure-gradient boundary layers from different tripping conditions. JOURNAL. Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 783.
- Chung D, Marusic I, Monty J, Vallikivi M, Smits AJ. On the universality of inertial energy in the log layer of turbulent boundary layer and pipe flows. EXPERIM. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 7.
- Wiseman S, Brear M, Gordon R, Marusic I. Performing High Spatial and Temporal Resolution Measurements on Forced Premixed Laminar Flames. 2015 Australian Combustion Symposium (ACS). 2015. Editors: Yang Y, Smith N.
- De Silva C, Marusic I, Woodcock J, Meneveau C. Scaling of second- and higher-order structure functions in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL. Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 769.
- Morrill-Winter C, Klewicki J, Baidya R, Marusic I. Temporally optimized spanwise vorticity sensor measurements in turbulent boundary layers. EXPERIM. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 12.
- Woodcock J, Marusic I. The statistical behaviour of attached eddies. PHYSICS. American Institute of Physics. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 1.
- Baars W, Talluru KM, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Wavelet analysis of wall turbulence to study large-scale modulation of small scales. EXPERIM. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 10.
- Talluru KM, Kulandaivelu V, Hutchins N, Marusic I. A calibration technique to correct sensor drift issues in hot-wire anemometry. MEASURE. IOP Publishing. 2014, Vol. 25, Issue 10.
- Talluru M, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Amplitude modulation of all three velocity components in turbulent boundary layers. Journal. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 746.
- Marusic I, Talluru M, Hutchins N. Controlling the Large-Scale Motions in a Turbulent Boundary Layer. 2nd Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control. Springer Verlag. 2014.
- De Silva C, Gnanamanickam EP, Atkinson C, Buchmann NA, Hutchins N, Soria J, Marusic I. High spatial range velocity measurements in a high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layer. Physics. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 2.
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446872
F: +61 3 83444290
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile