Professor Ivan Marusic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Talluru M, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Amplitude modulation of all three velocity components in turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 746.
- Marusic I, Talluru M, Hutchins N. Controlling the Large-Scale Motions in a Turbulent Boundary Layer. . Springer Verlag. 2014.
- De Silva CM, Gnanamanickam EP, Atkinson C, Buchmann NA, Hutchins N, Soria J, Marusic I. High spatial range velocity measurements in a high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layer. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 2.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Cabrit O, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Modeling bed shear-stress fluctuations in a shallow tidal channel. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2014, Vol. 119, Issue 5.
- Philip J, Meneveau C, De Silva C, Marusic I. Multiscale analysis of fluxes at the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in high Reynolds number boundary layers. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 1.
- . Reynolds-number-dependent turbulent inertia and onset of log region in pipe flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 757.
- Chauhan K, Philip J, Marusic I. Scaling of the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 751.
- Chauhan K, Philip J, De Silva CM, Hutchins N, Marusic I. The turbulent/non-turbulent interface and entrainment in a boundary layer. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 742.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Coupling a Boundary Layer Wall Shear-Stress Model with Field Experiments in a Shallow Tidal River. . 2013.
- De Silva C, Baidya R, Marusic I. Enhancing Tomo-PIV reconstruction quality by reducing ghost particles. Measurement Science & Technology. IOP Publishing. 2013, Vol. 24, Issue 2.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Chernyshenko SI, Hutchins N. Estimating wall-shear-stress fluctuations given an outer region input. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2013, Vol. 715.
- Khashehchi M, Ooi A, Soria J, Marusic I. Evolution of the turbulent/non-turbulent interface of an axisymmetric turbulent jet. Experiments in Fluids. Springer Verlag. 2013, Vol. 54, Issue 1.
- Buchmann NA, Atkinson C, De Silva CM, Hutchins N, Marusic I, Soria J. Experimental investigation of the near and far field structure of high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layers. . EUROMECH. 2013.
- Meneveau C, Marusic I. Generalized logarithmic law for high-order moments in turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2013, Vol. 719.
- Inoue M, Pullin DI, Harun Z, Marusic I. LES of the adverse-pressure gradient turbulent boundary layer. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. Elsevier Science. 2013, Vol. 44.
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446872
F: +61 3 83444290
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile