Professor Ivan Marusic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and a Redmond Barry Distinguished Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Grayson K, De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Impact of mismatched and misaligned laser light sheet profiles on PIV performance. Experiments in Fluids. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 59, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s00348-017-2453-4
- Squire D, Hutchins N, Morrill-Winter C, Schultz MP, Klewicki J, Marusic I. Applicability of Taylor's hypothesis in rough and smooth-wall boundary layers. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 812. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2016.832
- Grayson K, De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Beam stability and warm-up effects of Nd:YAG lasers used in particle image velocimetry. MEASUREMENT SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. IOP Publishing. 2017, Vol. 28, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1088/1361-6501/aa6ad7
- Nedic J, Tavoularis S, Marusic I. Dissipation scaling in constant-pressure turbulent boundary layers. PHYSICAL REVIEW FLUIDS. American Physical Society. 2017, Vol. 2, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevFluids.2.032601
- Baidya R, Philip J, Hutchins N, Monty J, Marusic I. Distance-from-the-wall scaling of turbulent motions in wall-bounded flows. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. American Institute of Physics. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1063/1.4974354
- Krug D, Holzner M, Marusic I, Van Reeuwijk M. Fractal scaling of the turbulence interface in gravity currents. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 820. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2017.245
- Scharnowski S, Grayson K, De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I, Kaehler CJ. Generalization of the PIV loss-of-correlation formula introduced by Keane and Adrian. EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS. Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 58, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1007/s00348-017-2431-x
- Krug D, Chung D, Philip J, Marusic I. Global and local aspects of entrainment in temporal plumes. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 812. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2016.786
- De Silva C, Philip J, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Interfaces of uniform momentum zones in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 820. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2017.197
- De Silva C, Kevin, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Large coherence of spanwise velocity in turbulent boundary layers. 10th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, TSFP 2017. 2017, Vol. 1.
- Wiseman S, Brear M, Gordon R, Marusic I. Measurements from flame chemiluminescence tomography of forced laminar premixed propane flames. COMBUSTION AND FLAME. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 183. DOI: 10.1016/j.combustflame.2017.05.003
- Monty J, Chandran D, Baidya R, Marusic I. Measurements of the two-dimensional energy spectra of wall-turbulence at high Reynolds number. 10th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, TSFP 2017. 2017, Vol. 1.
- Krug D, Philip J, Marusic I. Revisiting the law of the wake in wall turbulence. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 811. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2016.788
- Morrill-Winter C, Squire D, Klewicki J, Hutchins N, Schultz MP, Marusic I. Reynolds number and roughness effects on turbulent stresses in sandpaper roughness boundary layers. Physical Review Fluids. American Physical Society. 2017, Vol. 2, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevFluids.2.054608
- Baars W, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Reynolds number trend of hierarchies and scale interactions in turbulent boundary layers. PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY A-MATHEMATICAL PHYSICAL AND ENGINEERING SCIENCES. Royal Society of London. 2017, Vol. 375, Issue 2089. DOI: 10.1098/rsta.2016.0077
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile