Professor Ivan Marusic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Hultmark M, Marusic I, McKeon BJ, Morrison JF. Introduction to Topical Issue on Extreme Flows. EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS. Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 57, Issue 1.
- Yang XIA, Marusic I, Meneveau C. Moment generating functions and scaling laws in the inertial layer of turbulent wall-bounded flows. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2016, Vol. 791.
- De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Uniform momentum zones in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2016, Vol. 786.
- Poon K, Hayat U, Thondapu V, Ooi A, Asrar Ul Haq M, Moore S, Foin N, Tu S, Chin C, Monty J, Marusic I, Barlis P. Advances in three-dimensional coronary imaging and computational fluid dynamics: is virtual fractional flow reserve more than just a pretty picture?. Coron Artery Dis. 2015, Vol. 26 Suppl 1.
- Tsuji Y, Johansson A, Marusic I. Amplitude Modulation of Pressure in Turbulent Boundary Layer. 9th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP9). 2015.
- Marusic I, Baars W, Hutchins N. An extended view of the inner-outer interaction model for wallbounded turbulence using spectral linear stochastic estimation. 7th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics (IFCM). Elsevier. 2015. Editors: Li J, Fan J.
- Madad R, Elsnab J, Chin C, Klewicki J, Marusic I. An investigation of channel flow with a smooth air–water interface. Experiments in Fluids. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 6.
- Philip J, Bermejo-Moreno I, Chung D, Marusic I. Characteristics of the entrainment velocity in a developing wake. 9th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP9). 2015.
- Marusic I, Chauhan KA, Kulandaivelu V, Hutchins N. Evolution of zero-pressure-gradient boundary layers from different tripping conditions. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 783.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Hutchins N, Monty J, Harun Z. Inner-outer interaction predictive model for wall-bounded turbulence subjected to pressure gradient effect. 9th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP9). 2015.
- Chung D, Marusic I, Monty J, Vallikivi M, Smits AJ. On the universality of inertial energy in the log layer of turbulent boundary layer and pipe flows. EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 7.
- Wiseman S, Brear M, Gordon R, Marusic I. Performing High Spatial and Temporal Resolution Measurements on Forced Premixed Laminar Flames. 2015 Australian Combustion Symposium (ACS). 2015. Editors: Yang Y, Smith N.
- De Silva C, Marusic I, Woodcock J, Meneveau C. Scaling of second- and higher-order structure functions in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 769.
- Morrill-Winter C, Klewicki J, Baidya R, Marusic I. Temporally optimized spanwise vorticity sensor measurements in turbulent boundary layers. EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 12.
- Woodcock J, Marusic I. The statistical behaviour of attached eddies. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. American Institute of Physics. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 1.
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446872
F: +61 3 83444290
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile