Professor Ivan Marusic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Turbulent Flows
Ivan Marusic is an ARC Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in 1992 and BE (Hons) Mech in 1987 from the University of Melbourne. His research is primarily in experimental and theoretical studies of turbulence at high Reynolds numbers. This includes studies in atmospheric surface layer flows and aquatic ecosystems. Prior to arriving in Melbourne in 2007 as an ARC Federation Fellow he was a faculty member at the University of Minnesota, where he was a recipient of an NSF Career Award and a Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society, an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics and the Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- Madad R, Elsnab J, Chin C, Klewicki J, Marusic I. An investigation of channel flow with a smooth air–water interface. Experiments in Fluids. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 56, Issue 6.
- De Silva C, Marusic I, Woodcock J, Meneveau C. Scaling of second- and higher-order structure functions in turbulent boundary layers. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2015, Vol. 769.
- Talluru KM, Kulandaivelu V, Hutchins N, Marusic I. A calibration technique to correct sensor drift issues in hot-wire anemometry. MEASUREMENT SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. IOP Publishing. 2014, Vol. 25, Issue 10.
- Talluru M, Baidya R, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Amplitude modulation of all three velocity components in turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 746.
- Marusic I, Talluru M, Hutchins N. Controlling the Large-Scale Motions in a Turbulent Boundary Layer. 2nd Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control. Springer Verlag. 2014.
- De Silva C, Gnanamanickam EP, Atkinson C, Buchmann NA, Hutchins N, Soria J, Marusic I. High spatial range velocity measurements in a high Reynolds number turbulent boundary layer. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 2.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Cabrit O, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Modeling bed shear-stress fluctuations in a shallow tidal channel. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2014, Vol. 119, Issue 5.
- Philip J, Meneveau C, De Silva C, Marusic I. Multiscale analysis of fluxes at the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in high Reynolds number boundary layers. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2014, Vol. 26, Issue 1.
- Chin C, Philip J, Klewicki J, Ooi A, Marusic I. Reynolds-number-dependent turbulent inertia and onset of log region in pipe flows. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 757.
- Chauhan KA, Philip J, Marusic I. Scaling of the turbulent/non-turbulent interface in boundary layers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 751.
- Klewicki J, Philip J, Marusic I, Chauhan KA, Morrill-Winter C. Self-similarity in the inertial region of wall turbulence. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. American Physical Society. 2014, Vol. 90, Issue 6.
- Baars W, Talluru KM, Bishop B, Hutchins N, Marusic I. Spanwise Inclination and Meandering of Large-Scale Structures in a High-Reynolds-Number Turbulent Boundary Layer. 19th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference (AFMC). RMIT University. 2014.
- Chauhan KA, Philip J, De Silva C, Hutchins N, Marusic I. The turbulent/non-turbulent interface and entrainment in a boundary layer. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2014, Vol. 742.
- Mathis R, Marusic I, Jones NL, Ivey GN. Coupling a Boundary Layer Wall Shear-Stress Model with Field Experiments in a Shallow Tidal River. International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP-8). International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP). 2013.
- De Silva C, Baidya R, Marusic I. Enhancing Tomo-PIV reconstruction quality by reducing ghost particles. Measurement Science & Technology. IOP Publishing. 2013, Vol. 24, Issue 2.
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446872
F: +61 3 83444290
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile