Dr Yi-Chung Lin
Dr Yi-Chung Lin is a Research Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Lin graduated with a PhD degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Florida. A major part of his research is to calculate the contribution of muscle force to the ground reaction force, joint angular acceleration and joint moment obtained from gait analysis. He is also interested in implementing the musculoskeletal modeling approach and muscle EMG activity to improve the diagnosis and treatment of gait disorders in children with cerebral palsy.
- Modelling and simulation of human locomotion
- Muscle contributions to joint loading
- Patient-specific computational tools for diagnosing and treating gait disorders in children with cerebral palsy
- Lim Y, Lin Y, Pandy M. Effects of step length and step frequency on lower-limb muscle function in human gait. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 57.
- Sritharan P, Lin Y, Richardson SE, Crossley KM, Birmingham TB, Pandy M. Musculoskeletal loading in the symptomatic and asymptomatic knees of middle-aged osteoarthritis patients. JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDIC RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 2.
- Lin Y, Pandy M. Three-dimensional data-tracking dynamic optimization simulations of human locomotion generated by direct collocation. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 59.
- Porsa S, Lin Y, Pandy M. Direct Methods for Predicting Movement Biomechanics Based Upon Optimal Control Theory with Implementation in OpenSim. ANNALS OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. American Institute of Physics. 2016, Vol. 44, Issue 8.
- Karabulut D, Dogru SC, Arslan YZ, Lin Y, Pandy M, Herzog W. Development and Validation of a Computational Musculoskeletal Model of the Cat Hind Limb. 19th National Biomedical Engineering Meeting (BIYOMUT). IEEE. 2015.
- Lai A, Lichtwark GA, Schache A, Lin Y, Brown NAT, Pandy M. In vivo behavior of the human soleus muscle with increasing walking and running speeds. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY. American Physiological Society. 2015, Vol. 118, Issue 10.
- Lin Y, Fok L, Schache A, Pandy M. Muscle coordination of support, progression and balance during stair ambulation. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2015, Vol. 48, Issue 2.
- Lin Y, Gfoehler M, Pandy M. Quantitative evaluation of the major determinants of human gait. Journal of Biomechanics. Pergamon. 2014, Vol. 47, Issue 6.
- Lim Y, Lin Y, Pandy M. Response to "Letter to the Editor on 'Muscle function during gait is invariant to age when walking speed is controlled' by Lim YP, Lin Y-C, Pandy MG (Gait Posture 2013;38(2):253-9)". Gait and Posture. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 39, Issue 3.
- Lai A, Schache A, Lin Y, Pandy M. Tendon elastic strain energy in the human ankle plantar-flexors and its role with increased running speed. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY. Company of Biologists. 2014, Vol. 217, Issue 17.
- Liao HT, Lin Y, Pandy M, Tang WT. Kinetic Properties and EMG Activity of Normal and Over-Speed Pedaling in Track Sprint Cyclists: A Case Study. 31 International Conference on Biomechanics in Sports. International Society of Biomechanics in Sports. 2013.
- Lim Y, Lin Y, Pandy M. Muscle function during gait is invariant to age when walking speed is controlled. Gait and Posture. Elsevier Science. 2013, Vol. 38, Issue 2.
- Fok L, Schache A, Crossley KM, Lin Y, Pandy M. Patellofemoral Joint Loading During Stair Ambulation in People With Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. John Wiley & Sons. 2013, Vol. 65, Issue 8.
- Lin Y, Dorn T, Schache A, Pandy M. Comparison of different methods for estimating muscle forces in human movement. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine. Sage Publications. 2012, Vol. 226, Issue H2.
- Dorn T, Lin Y, Pandy M. Estimates of muscle function in human gait depend on how foot-ground contact is modelled. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2012, Vol. 15, Issue 6.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile