Associate Professor Denny Oetomo
- Robotics in Biomedical Applications
I am an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. I am currently the deputy head (engagement) of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and assistant dean (communications) of the Melbourne School of Engineering.
For information on my work, please go here. I graduated B.Eng (hons 1) from the Australian National University in Nov 1997 and completed his PhD (Mechanical Engineering - Robotics) at the National University of Singapore (2004). I was a Research Fellow with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2004-2006), a Post-doctoral Fellow in a European Union Project at INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France (Nov 2006 - Jan 2008), and a fixed-term lecturer with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2006-2007). I joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne in Jan 2008.
Main area of research is in robotics and its applications. In recent years, I have focused my research in the area of robotics in medical and clinical applications.
I was the recipient of a recipient of the Cornelius Regan Trust Award in 2012 on effective large class learning program and the Norman Curry Award for Innovation and Excellence in Educational Programs in 2014 for innovation and excellence in the Formulae SAE program at the University of Melbourne
- Lei M, Oetomo D. Cable wrapping phenomenon in cable-driven parallel manipulators. Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics. 2016, Vol. 28, Issue 3.
- Lau D, Oetomo D. Conditions on the Cable-Routing Matrix for Wrench Closure of Multilink Cable-Driven Manipulators. JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL DESIGN. Amercian Society of Mechanical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 138, Issue 3.
- Malekipour F, Oetomo D, Lee PVS. Equine subchondral bone failure threshold under impact compression applied through articular cartilage. Journal of Biomechanics. Pergamon. 2016.
- Fong J, Crocher V, Oetomo D, Tan Y. An Investigation into the Reliability of Upper-limb Robotic Exoskeleton Measurements for Clinical Evaluation in Neurorehabilitation. 2015 7TH INTERNATIONAL IEEE/EMBS CONFERENCE ON NEURAL ENGINEERING (NER). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
- Lau D, Eden J, Halgamuge S, Oetomo D. Cable Function Analysis for the Musculoskeletal StaticWorkspace of a Human Shoulder. 2nd International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots. Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 32. Editors: Pott A, Bruckmann T.
- Wang H, Luan Y, Oetomo D, Wang Z. Design, Analysis and Experimental Evaluation of a Gas-Fuel-Powered Actuator for Robotic Hoppers. IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 20, Issue 5.
- Zhou S, Oetomo D, Tan Y, Mareels I, Burdet E. Effect of sensory experience on motor learning strategy. JOURNAL OF NEUROPHYSIOLOGY. American Physiological Society. 2015, Vol. 113, Issue 4.
- Fong J, Crocher V, Oetomo D, Tan Y, Mareels I. Effects of Robotic Exoskeleton Dynamics on Joint Recruitment in a Neurorehabilitation Context. 14th IEEE/RAS-EMBS International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-September. Editors: Yu HY, Braun D, Campolo D.
- Mohammadi A, Di Natali C, Samsonas D, Valdastri P, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Electromagnetic Actuator Across Abdominal Wall for Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL DEVICES-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. Amercian Society of Mechanical Engineering. 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 3.
- Lau D, Eden J, Oetomo D. Fluid Motion Planner for Nonholonomic 3-D Mobile Robots With Kinematic Constraints. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ROBOTICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 31, Issue 6.
- Demircan E, Kulic D, Oetomo D, Hayashibe M. Human Movement Understanding TC Spotlight. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 22, Issue 3.
- Lau D, Oetomo D, Halgamuge S. Inverse Dynamics of Multilink Cable-Driven Manipulators With the Consideration of Joint Interaction Forces and Moments. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ROBOTICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 31, Issue 2.
- Lei M, Oetomo D. Kinematic modelling of cable wrapping on rigid-link phenomenon in cable-driven parallel manipulators. IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, AIM. 2015, Vol. 2015-August.
- Clark L, Shirinzadeh B, Tian Y, Oetomo D. Laser-Based Sensing, Measurement, and Misalignment Control of Coupled Linear and Angular Motion for Ultrahigh Precision Movement. IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 20, Issue 1.
- Eden J, Lau D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. On positive output controllability and cable driven parallel manipulators. 2015 Australian Control Conference, AUCC 2015. 2015.
Level: 02 Room: E206
Mechanical Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile