Professor Kenong Xia
- Research Type
Kenong Xia is a Professor in the Dept of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Professor Xia completed a Bachelor of Engineering in 1982 and a Master of Engineering in 1984 at the Northeastern University in Shenyang, China. After gaining a PhD in 1988 from the University of Southern California in the US, he joined Comalco Research Centre in Melbourne as a research scientist. In 1993, he commenced his career as an academic at The University of Melbourne.
- Design, processing, characterisation and modelling of complex nanostructured materials.
- Consolidation of non-equilibrium processed particles.
- Ultrafine grained and nanocrystalline materials via severe plastic deformation.
- Development of high temperature structural intermetallic alloys.
- High temperature deformation and strengthening of advanced materials.
- Semi-solid processing of light alloys and composites.
- Solidification processing of metal matrix composites.
- Lui E, Palanisamy S, Dargusch MS, Xia K. Oxide Dissolution and Oxygen Diffusion in Solid-State Recycled Ti-6Al-4V: Numerical Modeling, Verification by Nanoindentation, and Effects on Grain Growth and Recrystallization. METALLURGICAL AND MATERIALS TRANSACTIONS A-PHYSICAL METALLURGY AND MATERIALS SCIENCE. Minerals, Metals & Materials Society. 2017, Vol. 48A, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1007/s11661-017-4358-5
- Chandran P, Zafari A, Lui E, Xia K. Processing and characterization of Al-Al3Nb prepared by mechanical alloying and equal channel angular pressing. 7th International Conference on Nanomaterials by Severe Plastic Deformation. IOP Publishing. 2017, Vol. 194, Issue 1. Editors: Liao X, Estrin Y. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/194/1/012008
- Zafari A, Ding Y, Cui J, Xia K. Achieving Fine Beta Grain Structure in a Metastable Beta Titanium Alloy Through Multiple Forging-Annealing Cycles. METALLURGICAL AND MATERIALS TRANSACTIONS A-PHYSICAL METALLURGY AND MATERIALS SCIENCE. Minerals, Metals & Materials Society. 2016, Vol. 47A, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1007/s11661-016-3496-5
- Zhang X, Xia K. Consolidation of natural polymer powder by severe shear deformation. Handbook of Sustainable Polymers: Structure and Chemistry. 2016. DOI: 10.4032/9789814613569
- Lui E, Palanisamy S, Dargusch MS, Xia K. Effects of chip conditions on the solid state recycling of Ti-6Al-4V machining chips. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 238. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2016.07.028
- Zafari A, Xia K. Formation of equiaxed alpha during ageing in a severely deformed metastable beta Ti alloy. SCRIPTA MATERIALIA. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 124. DOI: 10.1016/j.scriptamat.2016.07.012
- Eder K, Felfer PJ, Ferry M, Xia K, Cairney JM. Grain size stability in Al-Sc alloys processed by severe plastic deformation. SCRIPTA MATERIALIA. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 123. DOI: 10.1016/j.scriptamat.2016.06.005
- Zhang R, Gupta RK, Davies CHJ, Hodge AM, Tort M, Xia K, Birbilis N. The Influence of Grain Size and Grain Orientation on Sensitization in AA5083. CORROSION. 2016, Vol. 72, Issue 2. DOI: 10.5006/1703
- Xu W, Brandt M, Sun S, Elambasseril J, Liu Q, Latham K, Xia K, Qian M. Additive manufacturing of strong and ductile Ti-6Al-4V by selective laser melting via in situ martensite decomposition. ACTA MATERIALIA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 85. DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2014.11.028
- Casati R, Fabrizi A, Tuissi A, Xia K, Vedani M. ECAP consolidation of Al matrix composites reinforced with in-situ gamma-Al2O3 nanoparticles. MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING A-STRUCTURAL MATERIALS PROPERTIES MICROSTRUCTURE AND PROCESSING. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 648. DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2015.09.025
- Zafari A, Wei X, Xu W, Xia K. Effects of severe plastic deformation on grain refinement and martensitic transformation in a metastable beta Ti alloy. 36TH RISO INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MATERIALS SCIENCE. IOP Publishing. 2015, Vol. 89. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/89/1/012055
- Zafari A, Wei X, Xu W, Xia K. Formation of nanocrystalline beta structure in metastable beta Ti alloy during high pressure torsion: The role played by stress induced martensitic transformation. ACTA MATERIALIA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 97. DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2015.06.042
- Barr C, Xia K. Influence of precipitate size and morphology on grain refinement in nickel aluminium bronze. 36TH RISO INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MATERIALS SCIENCE. IOP Publishing. 2015, Vol. 89. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/89/1/012018
- Barr C, McDonald DT, Xia K. Transformation of Lamellar Structures in Equal Channel Angular Pressing: Geometric Model and Application to Nickel Aluminum Bronze. METALLURGICAL AND MATERIALS TRANSACTIONS A-PHYSICAL METALLURGY AND MATERIALS SCIENCE. Minerals, Metals & Materials Society. 2015, Vol. 46A, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1007/s11661-015-2994-1
- McDonald DT, Lui E, Palanisamy S, Dagusch MS, Xia K. Achieving Superior Strength and Ductility in Ti-6Al-4V Recycled from Machining Chips by Equal Channel Angular Pressing. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A - Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science. Minerals, Metals & Materials Society. 2014, Vol. 45, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1007/s11661-014-2323-0
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile